Greg R. Roberson
Greg Roberson joined Peterson, Peterson, Walchli & Roberson LLP in 2014 after practicing law for five and a half years at Hart Wagner LLP, a large downtown Portland law firm. While at Hart Wagner, he represented individuals, businesses, county jails, police departments, and school districts, and handled a wide variety of cases with a focus on defending against claims of personal injury and property damage.
Drawing from those experiences, and with his long-time interest in bankruptcy law, he handles consumer bankruptcy matters. He enjoys bankruptcy work because it is one of the few powerful weapons available for people to have a fresh start in life, and it is a uniquely challenging mix of federal, administrative, and state law. He is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA), which is the only national organization dedicated to protecting the rights of consumer debtors in bankruptcy and serving the needs of consumer bankruptcy attorneys.
Separate from bankruptcy practice, Greg prepares Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs) for retirements plans subject to ERISA, and similar documents for non-ERISA retirement plans. Along with his partner Doug, he handles probate cases and drafts wills.
Greg is admitted to practice law in Oregon state and federal courts.
When he is not working, he brews beer, researches the genealogy of his and his wife’s families, and tries to garden. He is also writing a book about aliens visiting Earth that will probably never be finished or published.
- 2014-present, Partner, Peterson, Peterson, Walchli & Roberson LLP
- 2018, Seminar Lecturer, Pacific University, The Practice of Bankruptcy Law
- 2015, Presentation to the Washington County Bar Association, Olaf’s Bankruptcy Basics: What Happens When a Business Giving Away Warm Hugs Fails
- 2014, Presentation to the Family Law Section, Washington County Bar Association, Let it Go: Charting the Frozen Waters of Family Law and Bankruptcy
- 2014, Case Note, Verdict
- 2008-2014, Associate, Hart Wagner LLP (formerly Hoffman, Hart & Wagner LLP)
- 2013, Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- 2012, Legal Summary, Oregon State Bar Books, Chapter 17, Civil Pleading and Practice
- 2012, Article, Oregon State Bar Debtor-Creditor Section Newsletter, Case Note Update: Stern v. Marshall, 131 S. Ct. 2594 (2011) (co-authored with Lauren E. Walchli)
- 2007-2008, Law Clerk, Multnomah County Circuit Court, The Honorable Henry Kantor
- 2009, U.S. District Court of Oregon
- 2006, Oregon state courts
- 2006, William & Mary School of Law, Juris Doctor
- 2001, University of California, San Diego, Eleanor Roosevelt College, B.A. Environmental Chemistry, B.A., Political Science
- 1997, Moreau Catholic High School, Hayward, California